To mark October as Estate Planning Awareness Month, MM&C’s Estates and Trusts attorney David (Dave) Lucas was interviewed on the Legacy Leaders podcast last week. The podcast, hosted by Katie Beth Hand and Stan Miller, features conversations with experts involved in many different facets of creating one’s legacy. Dave touched on the following topics during his interview:
● Emphasizing the importance of a strategic estate plan to achieve both short and long-term objectives
● Discovering the necessity of continually reviewing and updating an estate plan to ensure it always aligns with current situation
● Understanding the indispensable role of wills and a durable power of attorney in protecting assets
● Learning the value of appointing guardians for underage children as part of a well-crafted estate plan
● Realizing why seeking guidance from professionals is the key to comprehensive estate planning
Learn more about Legacy Leaders here.
David A. Lucas is an associate in Miller, Miller & Canby’s Estates & Trusts and Business & Tax practice groups, focusing his practice in Estate Planning, Trust and Estate Administration, Business, and Elder Law. Dave provides extensive estate and legacy planning, asset protection planning, retirement planning, and business planning services to individuals and businesses. To learn more about his practice, contact him at DALucas@mmcanby.com or 301.762.5212.